MISSION, VALUES, & GOALS
The Dorothy Day House of Hospitality and Food Pantry is a loving, Christian community that shelters, nourishes, and empowers people who are homeless and hungry.
- The Christian teachings of love, compassion, humility, and hospitality.
- The right of all to adequate food and shelter.
- Honest and fair relationships.
- Our community partnerships and supporters.
- Quality, cost effective services through collaboration.
- Education and advocacy.
- Provide housing and food to those in need.
- Educate guests at the shelter and clients at the food pantry on services they may qualify for.
- Develop positive interactions between guests/clients, staff, and volunteers.
- Raise awareness and encourage action for social justice in order to change unjust structures and promote peace.
- Follow a model of continuous improvement for the organization.